Shawano Parks and Recreation values the community's commitment and support to our parks and green spaces. One of our goals is to actively engage and build relationships with individuals and civic groups in Shawano. From this page, we invite you to explore information on how to get involved with Parks and to learn the best way to provide input or participate in public processes. Do you have an idea for a park? Do you want to volunteer? Do you need information on current projects?
Over the next few years we will continue to improve our public spaces for you to enjoy. A few of our major projects include:
1. Removing the parks maintenance shop from Memorial Park to allow this area to be turned into usable green space.
2. Installing a new ADA accessible destination playground at Memorial Park.
3. Additions to the Animal Recreation Facility. We are currently evaluating the possibility of running potable water to the site. Also planning for trees, additional picnic tables and possibly some dog agility play pieces.
4. Renovations to Kuckuk and Arlington Park shelters. This will include a complete update of restrooms, roofs and other needs.
5. Continued updates to ballfields and dugouts.
6. Completing the cemetery GIS programming followed by launch of the community portal website.
7. Continued development of our free public WIFI program.
Our parks are dynamic and ever changing. So visit us and visit us often. Do you have a great idea or park amenity that you would like to share with us? Contact email@example.com