- Utility Billing Specialist
Utility Billing Specialist
Shawano Municipal Utilities is looking for a positive, energetic professional interested in becoming a full-time Utility Billing Specialist to perform billing functions and provide excellent customer service. Our office environment is fun with a variety of tasks that make the day go by fast.
- Monthly billing activities using utility billing software and meter reading software to verify accurate meter readings for 6,000 electric customers and 4,000 water customers.
- Preparing final bills for customers moving in and out of locations.
- Updating utility billing software for meter installation and removals, and other customer updates.
- Communicating delinquent payments, disconnections, and special circumstances.
- Numerous customer interactions in-person, by phone, customer letters, emails and notices.
- Problem-solving for billing questions and concerns.
- Prepares periodic reports on usages and billing statistics.
- Assistance with bank deposits, mail pick up, remote payment collection, and related general office administration.
- Attention to detail is critical in all business-related activities.
- Monday – Friday schedule 7:30AM to 4:30PM
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree preferred in business administration, accounting, or related field
- 3 years applicable customer service experience
- Experience in billing and demonstrated success performing similar duties is desired.
- Competency in Excel spreadsheet skills and Word is preferred
- Willingness to learn and take constructive direction
- Supportive and understanding in a team environment
- Tactful and helpful with customers in challenging circumstances
- Candidates must communicate clearly and effectively
- Perform intermediate to advanced financial calculations and strive for accuracy
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license
Starting base hourly range is: $20.80 - $25.30 depending on qualifications
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System Pension (WRS)
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement
Please send cover letter, resume, references and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to Shawano Municipal Utilities, PO Box 436, Shawano WI 54166.