Municipal Court FAQs

1. How can I make an open records request? 
To request public court records, you must fill out this form and return it to the Municipal Court Clerk's office.  Requests may take up to 10 days to process. 

1. Do you take credit card payments?
Yes.  You can pay your Court fees with a Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress or Discover Credit Card.  This option is offered through GovPay. Click here to be re-routed to that page. 

2. Do I have to report a change of address?

Yes.  It is your responsibility to keep your address current.  If you fail to provide the Court with the appropriate contact information, you may not receive proper notification in the future.  This will result in a default judgement and further action may be entered against you.  Please feel free to call or email us with your new address information. 

3. I didn't pay my fines, and now I'm suspended.  What do I do now?
If this is the only suspension/revocation on your driving record, you must first pay your fine to the Court. Once paid, we will provide the State with the information. You must pay the Department of Information a reinstatement fee in order to have your privilege to drive in Wisconsin reinstated.

4. How long will this traffic charge remain on my record?
The points will remain on your record for one year from the date of the violation. The actual charge will remain on your record for three years - unless the charge is Operating While Intoxicated.

5. Is a payment plan an option?

You may ask the Court to set up a payment plan for you. This is done on a case-by-case basis, depending on your individual circumstances and must be approved by the Judge. If you do not follow the payment plan to which you agreed, the Court will impose the alternative sanction (either drivers license suspension or jail) unless other satisfactory arrangements are made with the Court. When making a payment to the Court, make checks payable to: Shawano-Bonduel Municipal Court.